Important information about the next forum and an NGO delegate...
Hope everyone is enjoying this warm weather. We have several updates to share.
Details for the open forum next Tuesday (important updates!)
The next Sector Forum for NGOs on our registry is next Tuesday, 11-December from 9am -11am at CWEA (59 Gloucester Street). In our last email, we explained that we want to discuss OVTRK’s response to CERA’s invitation to identify a delegate from the NGO sector to join the Community Wellbeing Planning Team that is convened by CERA. We would like to:
- Discuss the outline for this role and a system for identifying a delegate (click the link for a job description and call for applications)
- Share views on what this would include
- Discuss a system for supporting the delegate (click link for support TOR)The next Community Wellbeing Planning Team meeting is on 12-Feburary, so we would like to act in time to have a delegate in place for that meeting. A more detailed timeline is available (click the link) and will be discussed at the forum on Tuesday.
What else OVTRK has been up to
- We have been following up with the six statutory bodies as requested during the last forum. Minister Brownlee did not accept our invitation, and our correspondence with him has been referred to the Corporate and Governance section of CERA. We will keep you up to date as this correspondence continues.
- The OVTRK co-chairs met with Labour MPs who asked to meet with OVTRK for a briefing.
- The Council of Social Services has clarified the difference between OVTRK and COSS in the most recent COSS newsletter (click the link for the newsletter).
- Members of the OVTRK steering group attended the Association of Non-Government Organisations Aoteaora (ANGOA) seminar on the government’s “Better Public Services” work programme.
- Members of the OVTRK steering group attended the Social Service Providers Aotearoa (SSPA) lecture on Improving Productivity in the NGO sector.
- The OVTRK co-chairs attended two workshops on the Natural Environment Recovery Programme led by ECAN.
OVTRK plans for the rest of the year
- OVTRK will send someone to the 6-December Jim Diers' Building Strong Communities Session.
- OVTRK will have someone at the Community Leaders Meeting on 7-December.
- Denise Kidd will be giving us some feedback about the CERA wellbeing survey.
Notes from the CanCERN data mapping workshop are now available on their website(click the link for the relevant page). For more information around using this resource, you can follow up with Brian Parker at brian [at] cancern [dot] org [dot] nz .
We’ve updated the criteria for being a registrant of One Voice Te Reo Kotahi in order to bring out our kaupapa a bit more. This information will be available on our website soon. If you can think of an organisation that isn’t on our registry yet and should be, please direct them to the registration form or this site.
That's our big update! Hope to see you next Tuesday.