How can housing developments in Greater Christchurch be future-proofed?Kia whakakotahi te hoe (Let's paddle in unison)
Nga mihi nui ki a koutou me nga ahuatanga o te wa. (Lots of greetings to everyone and all that is happening)
The next One Voice Te Reo Kotahi (OVTRK) Open Forum is to consider the question: How can housing developments in Greater Christchurch be future-proofed?
Again this Forum is intended to provide an opportunity for NGOs to inform each other and encourage us all to plan any next steps for OVTRK <onevoicetereokotahi.blogspot.co.nz>.
The Forum is coming up at 7:30pm on Wednesday 17 July at the YMCA at 12 Hereford St - there are good bike racks, it is accessible by bus and has off-street parking accessed off Cashel St - for which you need to sign in at reception with your number plate.
Six NGOs have agreed to give a 5 minute input to start the conversation:
- Lifemark – lifetime design for residential housing and their new Lifelong Design Advisory Service for the people in Canterbury
- Wikihouse – housing that can be deconstructed and reconstructed elsewhere at relatively minimal cost
- Viva - the vision of this Project is community focused sustainable urban villages in the re-build of Christchurch
- Comcare – update on community housing in Christchurch and the social housing reform process.
- NZ Planning Institute – including the Housing Accords and Special Areas Bill currently being considered by Parliament.
- Tenant's Protection Association - will highlight the recent recommendations form the TPA Rental Survey Report
We also expect the final draft of the Land Use Recovery Plan (LURP) to have been released and to have people able to inform us about that - including for those NGOs who have not been able to do much work on the LURP!
See you there!
Noho ora mai koe (take care)
The OVTRK team